24 Hours of Daytona - News from 19 January
20 Jan. 2023 • 4:45
- AO Racing has sent the winning 935 Porsche from the 1983 Daytona 24 Hours to Florida. PJ Hyett, driver of the 911 GT3 R Porsche 911, is the owner of the 935 driven in its time by Bob Wollek, Claude Ballot-Léna, AJ Foyt and Preston Henn.
- Kevin Magnussen is absent for medical reasons following surgery and is replaced by Jason Hart in the 911 GT3 R/MDK Motorsports Porsche. The American driver has a solid experience in GT racing. Hart has just finished 2nd of the 24 Hours of Dubai in the Pro-Am class.
- The Roar Before the Rolex 24 will be broadcast live on video by IMSA on IMSA TV.
- TDS Racing is a full-time IMSA presence this season in LMP2. The #11 Oreca 07 of Steven Thomas, Rinus VeeKay, Mikkel Jensen and Scott Huffaker is yellow with a red muzzle. The team has chosen the opposite on the #35 of François Heriau, Giedo van der Garde, Josh Pierson and Job van Uitert which is red with a yellow nose.
- Colton Herta is entered in the two M Hybrid V8 BMW Hybrid of the BMW M Team RLL. He is the only driver from the BMW squad to have his name on both GTP prototypes.
- ORECA is present on several fronts at Daytona. Between the LMP2 grid, which only includes Oreca 07s, the follow-up of the two ARX-06s Acura (ORECA chassis) and the debut of the 296 GT3 Ferrari assembled by ORECA, Hugues de Chaunac's structure from Var is not short of work.
- The new VP Racing SportsCar Challenge championship will have two 45-minute races this weekend at Daytona. The LMP3s will share the track with the GT4s.
Log in to comment the article