Notebook of the morning...
7 Sep. 2022 • 10:16
- ELMS driver Mathis Poulet had the opportunity to test the Oreca 07/Team Virage last week in Portimao. The young French driver is currently driving for the team of Julien Gerbi and Philippe Gautheron in the Michelin Le Mans Cup.
- FIA Motorsport Games Matt Campbell will represent Australia at the end of October at the FIA Motorsport Games on Paul Ricard. The official Porsche driver joins Stephen and Brenton Grove in a Porsche 911 GT3 R in the 2.5 hour GT Endurance race. Stephen and Brenton Grove will race in the Sprint class. Stephen Grove has been appointed captain of the Australian team. The country will also be present in TCR and karting.
- GT Open AKM Motorsport makes its return to the International GT Open this weekend at the Red Bull Ring. The Italian team is competing in its first meeting in the series this season. The Mercedes-AMG GT3 will be driven by Florian Scholze and Marco Antonelli.
- DTM Esteban Muth will have an Art Car livery this weekend at Spa-Francorchamps. This was already the case last year in Zolder. The Belgian is driving a BMW M4 GT3/Walkenhorst Motorsport in the German series. The livery, designed by Princess Delphine of Saxe-Coburg, will be unveiled on Friday before the first free practice session.
- NLS Célia Martin is confirmed to drive an Aston Martin Vantage GT4 for PROsport Racing in the 12-hour Nürburgring Endurance Series race at the Nordschleife this weekend. The Frenchwoman will share the wheel with Norwegian Emil Heyerdahl. The German team will also field a Porsche Cayman for Hugo Sasse, Ivan Pelkin and Alexander Hommerson, son of Niek.
- GT KTM has just presented its new model, the X-Bow GT-XR, which is based on the X-BOW GT2 that can be found in the GT2 European Series. This new version is homologated for the road. The engine is still the original Audi 2.5 litre TFSI. The video is here.
- Single Seater Before returning to the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Europe, Pierre-Louis Chovet will make his return to single seater racing at the Formula Regional by Alpine meeting at the Red Bull Ring. The Frenchman will drive for RPM.
Log in to comment the article